Thursday, January 20, 2011

TWO NEGITIVES DON’T MAKE A POSITIVE

What a great day to FAIL! I feel like going out today and falling flat on my face, accomplishing nothing, taking a giant step backwards, and losing everything I have.
How many of you know someone who wakes up every morning and you are convinced say these words, or words very close to these? I know a few people who do. Some people in this world believe that every silver cloud has a grey lining.
You job, if you choose to accept it, is to AVOID THESE PEOPLE AT ALL COSTS!
I know that you can’t answer me, but, how do you think these people would do at selling? I can see it now, walking into a customer and saying, Mr. Customer, My product doesn’t work like I say it does, it’s overpriced, I am awful at supplying service, and I bet you want the product shipped in a timely manner.
I really hope that this doesn’t sound like you! If it does, I hear that McDonalds is hiring. No sales rep would ever say anything that comes close to this would they? Would they? It might surprise you. I have heard reps start the sale with, “I am sure you won’t need this”, or “This isn’t something for you” and guess what. EVERY time the customer proves them right. I was sitting in the waiting room of the shop where I buy my tires waiting for my car 2 weeks ago. I saw a sales rep walk in and from his first sentence nothing but doom and gloom about how bad business was, how much business he has lost in the past year, how process were going up, and he actually said he heard that the customers company was in financial trouble and his boss told him to keep the order as small as he could until they found out what was going to happen. Can you imagine what the customer was thinking? This rep just told him a rumor about his company. True or not, do you think the customer wants to hear it come from a supplier?
What is the overall message for you today? BE POSITIVE, talk positive, present a positive image, never spread gossip, and be a part of the solution not the problem.
Our customers know the economy is slow you don’t need to remind them. Our customers are looking for the breath of fresh air. They want to be given good news for a change. They are starving for positive information. They want to see smiles, hear enthusiasm, and feel excited. Our customers need to be built up, they need to be told they are valued, and they will show their application by placing orders.
The great part about all this is that when the economy explodes again, the reps that delivered the most positive message and helped the customer the most will be the reps the customer value the most and give the most business to.
Right now, today, this second is the best time to start developing your positive attitude and your positive approach to a sale. I don’t usually make promises about a selling technique, there are too many variables that can get in the way of success. I will make an exception, I PROMISE, if you will start presenting with a positive attitude, and saying positive things you WILL make more sales. PERIOD! Put me to the test!
Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment