Friday, August 5, 2011

THINGS ARE HEATING UP

I got a call today from a sales rep in Texas, he started the conversation with, “IT’S HOT”. I told him it is hot just about everywhere and here in Atlanta wasn’t as hot as Texas but the humidity made it feel like it was.
He started to tell me about how his sales were doing and he said that in the last 3 weeks he has sold more than he has in the previous 2 months. I asked him what he was doing different and he told me.
I thought he was kidding but he was serious. He said that is the only thing he could think of that has changed and he was convinced it was the reason for his windfall sales.
It made a lot of sense to me, what he was doing is the foundation of sales. And if that is the only thing that he has changed then I had to believe it was the answer.
OH, I didn’t tell you what he said did I? It was simple, he told me that he was going into more businesses because he couldn’t stand the heat! Instead of looking for reasons not to get out of his car he was looking for every reason to get into an air conditioned business. He said as long as he was in there he might as well try and sell. And then he said because he didn’t want to go back out in the heat if the customer said no, he would keep trying to sell until he got an order.
It’s crazy what causes a rep to go to work and do what they do.
As we said goodbye I told him I hope he has a wet Fall, a cold Winter, and a wet Spring. If the weather co-operates he may have the best selling year of his life.
Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment