Wednesday, October 20, 2010

TODAY IS A DAY TO SMILE

I OFFICALLY DECLARE TODAY A "SMILE DAY". Enjoy these little quips, I did.

A compromise is an agreement whereby both parties get what neither of them wanted.  ~Author Unknown

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.  ~Attributed to Arthur McBride Bloch

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.  It is already tomorrow in Australia.  ~Charles Schulz

All generalizations are bad.  ~R.H. Grenier

All my life, I always wanted to be somebody.  Now I see that I should have been more specific.  ~Jane Wagner, The Search For Intelligent Life In The Universe, performed by Lily Tomlin

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away.  ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Eagles may soar in the clouds, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.  ~Attributed to both Jason Hutchison and John Benfield

After all, what is your host's purpose in having a party?  Surely not for you to enjoy yourself; if that were their sole purpose, they'd have simply sent champagne and women over to your place by taxi.  ~P.J. O'Rourke

How come there's only one Monopolies Commission?  ~Nigel Rees

I have six locks on my door all in a row.  When I go out, I lock every other one.  I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.  ~Elayne Boosler

Anybody can win, unless there happens to be a second entry.  ~George Ade

Man was predestined to have free will.  ~Hal Lee Luyah

Maybe this world is another planet's hell.  ~Aldous Huxley

Murphy was an optimist.  ~O'Toole's Commentary


The remarkable thing about Shakespeare is that he really is very good, in spite of all the people who say he is very good.  ~Robert Graves

The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.  ~Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

Today is the last day of some of your life.  ~Author Unknown

Without geography, you're nowhere.  ~Author Unknown

It's always darkest before the dawn.  So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.  ~Author Unknown

You can't have everything... where would you put it?  ~Steven Wright



I plan on living forever.  So far, so good.  ~Author Unknown

As to the Seven Deadly Sins, I deplore Pride, Wrath, Lust, Envy and Greed.  Gluttony and Sloth I pretty much plan my day around.  ~Robert Brault,
www.robertbrault.com

I usually lump organized religion, organized labor, and organized crime together. The Mafia gets points for having the best restaurants.  ~Dave Beard

There's no such thing as fun for the whole family.  ~Jerry Seinfeld

And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"  ~Author Unknown

When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football.  ~Author Unknown

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.  ~Author Unknown

A great name for a new country song:  If I'd Shot You Sooner, I'd Be Out of Jail by Now.  ~Author Unknown

Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself.  ~Rita Mae Brown

Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.  ~Author Unknown

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.  ~Author Unknown

Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.  ~Carl Zwanzig

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.  ~Colin Sautar

Who says nothing is impossible.  I've been doing nothing for years.  ~Author Unknown

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.  ~Author Unknown

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?  ~Author Unknown
Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment