Thursday, May 5, 2011

I WANT TO BE LIKE JEFF

In a training that I was in today I watched a YouTube video that I had not seen before. It is called “DOING YOUR BEST” by Jeffrey Gitomer. For those of you that have not heard of Jeff Gitomer, he is one of the top sales guru’s in the world today. He has written many books including “The Sales Bible”, and a series called “The Little _____(a color goes here)_____Book of ….” Which has 5+ different books.
Jeffrey is known for his no non-sense way of writing usually saying the things most motivational speakers and sales guru’s only think.
In the YouTube video I saw today he lists 10.5 things you can do that will help you do your best. I recommend you watch the video. Click on this link to watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQn1ov65bQc
I won’t list all 10.5 hints he gives, I will let you learn them while you watch, but I will talk about 3 that I feel are the stand outs on the list.
#1 – Wake up early – This is also Jeffrey’s first point – it is a fact that your mind is the most alert, most creative, and most capable to problem solve shortly after you wake up. From a sales presentation standpoint you will be better able to overcome objections, find ways to build value and demonstrate features and benefits if you are an early riser.
#2 – View a NO as a NOT YET – When a prospect says “NO” what are they really saying. A very small percent mean NO, the vast majority mean “I’m not ready to say yes yet”, or “Not yet, I need more information”. The problem is most sales reps hear a NO and think the customer means NO, how silly.
#3 – Tell yourself you’re the “BEST” – If you don’t believe in yourself why should anyone else? Telling yourself that you are the best reinforces a positive self image. Telling yourself you are the best is also motivating. Telling yourself you are the best replaces any negative thoughts that creep into your mind.
These are only 3 of the 10.5 points Jeffrey talks about in the video. While you are watching click on any of the other 490 results that come up and you will find out why Jeffrey Gitomer is one of the best sales guru’s and after you listen to him you will immediately know why he is one of the most sought after speakers on the circuit today.
Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment