Thursday, April 26, 2012

LUCK (CONTINUED)


I am happy to say that I have gotten more feedback on yesterday’s post than any other post to date. I am sad to say that most of the feedback has been disagreeing with me about the part LUCK plays in making sales.

I didn’t upload the post until late yesterday evening, but that didn’t stop a friend of mine from calling me after 11PM to “give me a piece of his mind” (actually he should keep that piece, he needs all he can get…You know who you are!) I started getting e mails about the same time and because not everyone lives in the Eastern Time Zone my computer was “BINGING” all night.

After reading almost 3 dozen emails the #1 point that people wanted to make was they believe LUCK plays a part in sales. Some even took it to the point of LUCK playing a part in EVERY sale. The #2 point was they couldn’t believe I didn’t believe that LUCK was involved and many accused me of not believing in LUCK.

So to all my readers and friends that took their time to contact me let me take a few moments to answer your questions and address your concerns.

I said it yesterday and I will say it again now, YOU MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK! You work hard and make calls, you put yourself in situations that allow you to close sales, this doesn’t make you LUCKY it makes you a hard worker!

To those of you who say I don’t believe in LUCK, I most certainly do! I love going to the Dog Track, the Horse Track and playing the lottery. All of these take LUCK to win, NO SKILL AT ALL! I will tell you that I am not very LUCKY but I do believe in LUCK.

I am not trying to be funny about this (although I am very funny about this) but I know that if the reps that say they are LUCKY didn’t get up in the morning, go into the field or get on the telephone and make calls their LUCK would immediately run out. If you don’t believe me just stop and see what happens. JUST KIDDING! Don’t stop, just imagine what would happen!

However I will make a concession to all of you that disagree with me. If you want to call yourself LUCKY rather than competent go right ahead. After all, everyone including myself will know the truth. (Can’t you almost see my big grin? LOL)

Lorin
Instead of calling or emailing me about this, leave a comment here so we can all read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment