Wednesday, February 16, 2011

LIVER AND ONIONS

About 10 years ago I had my Gall Bladder removed. During the operation the doctor nicked a blood vessel which caused me to have internal bleeding. Not just a little internal bleeding, but enough to  cause me to pass out and spend the next 5 days unconscious and wake up in ICU.
I know, that was a lot more information than anyone of you wanted to know, but I have a point. The hospital wanted to give me a blood transfusion and I didn’t want to take any blood. They told me that it would take weeks for me to regain the blood on my own and a transfusion would be much faster, again I didn’t want a transfusion. When I was ready to leave the hospital they gave me a list of foods that would build my blood back the fastest. I was thrilled, on top of the list was one of my favorite foods, LIVER! I LOVE LIVER!
I will wait until you stop gagging… (la de da la de da) are you done? NO? (la de da la de da) NOW? OK, this is my point! I was one of the people who actually liked every item on the list. When I showed the list to my friends as I was recuperating I was told by most of them that they would have rather taken the transfusion.
Sometimes you need to do unpleasant things to help yourself. (Not really fair that I like liver, but you get the picture) It is almost a shame that we are put to these “tests” in our professional lives, but it is the way things happen.
You need to ask yourself “WHAT IF”. What if I don’t want to do these unpleasant things? Then you need to ask yourself “IS IT WORTH IT”. Is what I will gain worth what I will need to do? Then you need to ask the most important question of all, “CAN I LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES” Will I be able to live with the discomfort of doing it? Will I be able to live without the reward?
In other words, can you eat LIVER AND ONIONS?
Yesterday was the first weekday since starting the Training Buffet, help Yourself that I didn’t have a new post. I am traveling and had no internet access last night. I know you missed me as much as I missed you. I will do my best to not let it happen again! Thanks for your understanding.
Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment