Monday, June 25, 2012

IF LOVING YOU IS WRONG, I DON’T WANT TO BE RIGHT


For the past several days I have been out in the sale field selling on my own. This is very different than doing a ride along and the training role I usually take.

I AM LOVING IT!

It was like riding a bicycle, I was up and rolling from the first COLD CALL, that’s right, COLD CALL! I obviously don’t have any customers in Atlanta so I am just going out and making cold calls and it is as much fun as I remember it being.

The people are fantastic, interesting and fun to talk to. The sales are as exciting to make today as they were when I first started out my sales career.

Did I hear “NO” a lot, oh yes! But like I have been telling people for the past 20 years, if I hear enough no’s I will eventually hear a YES! It sounds so good when you hear it that you forget all about the multiple no’s you heard before it.

I’ll admit that some facets of selling have changed over the years, but the basics of the selling game are still the same. As it always has been in the past selling yourself is every bit as important as selling your product, maybe even a little more important. People buy from people they like and hit it off with. A big smile, and friendly greeting and being able to carry on a conversation turn prospects into customers.

I LOVE SALES! Maybe even a little bit more after the last few days than ever before. The freedom and flexibility along with the challenges placed before you in every call makes sales the best career for anyone with a competitive spirit and desire to win.

Like the title of this post says, IF LOVING YOU IS WRONG, I DON’T WANT TO BE RIGHT!

Go sell something!

Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment