Tuesday, June 5, 2012

INSPIRATION 101


Over the almost 2 years that the Training Buffet, Help Yourself has been in existence I have posted my all-time favorite poem twice. This is the poem that I attribute much of my success to because without it I know that I would have given up several times.

This is the third time I am posting it. Why post it again you ask, because of a conversation I had with a rep that I am so close with he is almost a brother to me. He is going through some very hard times and between his personal life and business life he doesn’t see much to be positive about.

With all that being said he called me today not to tell me his problems but to wish me his best on a meeting I have tomorrow. Even with all his problems he found the time to try and make my life better. That is the sign of a true friend.

Knowing what is happening in his life I did my best to keep him as positive as I was feeling and give him as much hope as I have that everything will turn out for the best.

As you read this poem, think about all the trouble you have had in the past and may be having right now. Think about what you are feeling. If you feel like just sitting down and giving up, this poem should help. If you feel like sticking with the struggle, this poem should help. If you feel like ignoring all the troubles and keeping on track, this poem should help. I know that it helped me in all these situations.

If you don’t find this poem to be as motivating and inspiring as I did don’t give up. Search the web for inspirational sites or motivating sayings. I am sure that someplace on the web there is a poem, story, quote, or saying that will hit the nerve for you as this one did for me.

DON'T QUIT

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.


Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When you might have won had you stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.


Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worse,
that you must not quit.

 Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment