Monday, April 11, 2011

LASER FOCUSED MY EYE

A funny thing has happened to me over the past 24 hours, I WAS ABLE TO LOOSE SOME OF MY FOCUS!
That’s right, LOOSE focus. Let me back up a little.
About 6 weeks ago I started to get a pain in my hip. I immediately knew what it was because I had felt it about 3 years ago. I went to the doctor and was examined and the doctor told me I was right in my self diagnosis. He gave me some pills and told me I would be fine. The pills are gone, and I ain’t fine!
For the past several weeks I have been working from my home office. Here lies the problem. While I am working from home I am able to focus on my work. The problem is I am also able to focus on my PAIN! I sit at my desk for hours on end working and when I stop all my attention goes directly to my hip and the pain starts to get worse and worse.
This week I am out of town working with reps on the road, because I am out in the field and interacting with people my attention isn’t focused on my pain and guess what. The pain goes away!
What is it that you are focusing on? Just like my hip, many of you focus on YOUR pain and you are not disappointed, the pain intensifies. It may be the price of gas, or your awful manager. It may be the economy or your customers. It may be your significant other, or your bald tires. It may be one of a thousand other things but you are so focused on the pain that you forget what it feels like not to hurt.
Like any other problem there is a solution, but the solution takes work. The sub-conscience works while the conscience is also working. If you are not always focusing your conscience mind on the positives and your sub-conscience is negative at the same time, your pain will take over all your thoughts and grow out of control.
Here is the simplest solution I can offer to this problem. As soon as you realize you’re conscience mind is thinking about a negative, replace the thought with a positive one. This replacement will focus your thinking on positives and reduce the impact the pain has on you. If you train yourself to do this all the time what eventually happens is your conscience mind remains positive and over time trains your sub-conscience mind to follow.
Sounds easy, doesn’t it? IT ISN’T! Unfortunately most people are naturally negative thinkers. They feel very comfortable allowing themselves to become part of the problem rather than forcing themselves to become the solution. This positive thinking is done at the conscience level, which means we need to THINK about it all the time in order for us to do it. If we stop thinking about it most of us will fall back to our negative selves. Sad but true. This takes work on our part. We need to use as many tools as we can to help us succeed at positive thinking. Tools like motivational reading, listening to motivational tapes, taking to positive people we know, placing notes and pictures all around us to keep us positive, and whatever else works for you. There are no rules, it is really a free for all and all about being positive.
If you can master the art of replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, you will see all your pains start to disappear. If you can train yourself to think positively, you will start to become positive, your customers will start to see the change and their reaction to you will become more positive. It all starts with the exchanging of negative thoughts with positive thoughts and ends with negative bank accounts becoming positive bank accounts. OH and don’t forget about losing your pains. My hip hasn’t hurt at all today!
Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment