Thursday, May 24, 2012

C.S.I. - (CUSTOMER SATISFACTION INDEX)


I took my car into the dealership for an oil change today and as I was paying the cashier my service writer walked up to me to remind me of the survey that I will be receiving about how well the service department did today. He asked me if I was 100% satisfied and asked if there was any reason at all that I couldn’t give them all 5’s on the survey.

I have noticed that I have been seeing more and more C.S.I. posters in businesses with their C.S.I. index numbers. Every time I call a customer service department the representative asks me if they have done everything to my satisfaction and I am asked to take a survey after the call.

What would your C.S.I. be if your customers answered a “few short questions” about you?

Some car dealers have lost their franchise because their C.S.I. was below what the manufacturer allows. I know of people that have lost their jobs because the C.S.I. for their department wasn’t high enough. Would your company let you continue to sell for them if your customers rated you?

Maybe as sales reps we should have a question are that we leave behind with our customers that they send to our managers. If we did I am sure that many sales reps would change the way they do business and others would be promoted.

This is something that you can do on your own. Make up 5 questions that will tell the story as to how well you do your job. Questions like “Does your sales rep communicate with you”, “How is your sales reps service”, “If there is a problem, does your rep get it resolved in a timely manner”, “Is your sales rep accessible”. All these question will give you an idea as to how your customers view the job you are doing and the VALUE you bring to the table.

If you get these surveys back and your C.S.I. is low you will know that you need to change, by looking at the scores for each question you will know what areas need the most work.

Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment