Monday, June 13, 2011

HAPPY MEALS FOR EVERYONE

Let me tell you a quick story that happened to me today. I think it is one of the best moments in my professional sales career.
This afternoon I was in my back yard playing around in my garden when my neighbor Terry came outside with his son Noah who is 6 years old to play catch. Noah is starting T-Ball and he is working hard at learning the game.
I was working on one of my tomato plants when Noah yelled, “Hey Mr. Greenstein watch this”, I looked over just in time to see Terry throw a pitch and Noah hit the ball into the fence between our yards. I have to tell you, it was a good hit for a little guy, it was at least 100+ feet. I did what a good neighbor should do and raved about how great a ball player he was.
He looked at me and said (are you ready for this), “Mr. Greenstein you know a lot about good baseball for a seller”. You could have knocked me over, I didn’t even know he had any idea about what I did but there it was from the mouth of the smartest kid in the US he called me a SELLER!
I like that title, SELLER, one who sells, a selling machine, the selling man, top sell, numero uno seller, I wear the title proudly.
I stopped working in my garden and walked next door to talk with Terry and Noah. I asked Noah if he wanted to be a Baseball Player when he grew up. He told me no, he wanted to be a SELLER like his dad and I was. OK so now this kid has worked his way into my Will.
Terry laughed and told Noah that he wouldn’t be rich being a “Seller”. Terry just got written out of my will. I quickly bent down to look Noah in the eye and told him that he could be the richest man in the world if he became the best seller he could be. Noah seemed to like that a bunch.
I need to talk to Terry about his attitude. He is a rep and has been selling for as long as I have known him and he has that attitude about being a sales rep for a profession. Something is wrong with that.
So to keep this post short, I want each of you to remember my story about Noah. While most kids his age want to be football players, baseball players, race car drivers, firemen, policemen, Noah wants to be a SELLER!
Bless his little heart!
Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment