Thursday, June 23, 2011

ROOM SERVICE

I LOVE ROOM SERVICE. I always feel so special when I pick up the phone in my hotel, dial the special number and then sit back and have my delicious meal delivered to me on a rolling table in the comfort of my room.
When I have finished my meal I always have the same thought, wow that was so good, I roll the table out into the hall close my door and relax. No crowds, no getting dressed up, no bother just pure pleasure.
Room service is one of those things that make traveling tolerable. But it comes with a price. A meal from room service will cost anywhere between 20% and 50% more than if I went to the hotel restaurant and as much as 75% more than I could get the same food in an outside restaurant. So why am I so willing to spend it? For all the reasons I started this post with! If I feel good about what I am getting I don’t mind spending the extra money.
Now think about your customers, do you think they would spend a little extra money if they felt as good about what they buy from you as I do getting room service? I do! When a customer is anticipating a good experience before the sale is closed their willingness to spend more usually becomes apparent. Customers feeling this way will talk as if they already owned your product rather than considering buying it.
They will start saying things like Should I, Can I, How will I, and my favorite When I. All these let you know they see themselves owning your product. When a customer crosses this line there will very rarely be any more price negotiations, there will usually not be any push back, and most important there will almost never be any buyer’s remorse.
Did I mention that I love room service? Well customers love GOOD service, they love a good product, they love how it feels to own something new and most of all they are willing to pay for all this good stuff.
Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment