Wednesday, November 10, 2010

THE FREEDOM NUMBER

The concept of the Freedom Number was shown to me a few years ago by someone I was sitting next to on a flight from Atlanta to LA.
I started talking to this guy next to me and after a few minutes of small talk the conversation came around to what we did for a living. As it turns out we did just about the same thing except he did it as a freelance trainer and I was a Corporate Trainer. I told him I was traveling out to LA to work with a few reps and he said he was going there to deliver a keynote speech to the board of directors of a company he has been doing some contract training for.
About 2 hours into the flight and our conversation, he asked me to please listen to his presentation and view his slides and tell him what I thought. His talk was about the Freedom Number. I listened and watched as he developed the idea and built a story around this important number. Allow me to relate some of what he said to you today.
The Freedom Number is the most important number to anyone who works to make a living. The Freedom Number affects all aspects of your life, business, personal, social, spiritual, and especially financial. What you do every day you work is in direct relation to your Freedom Number.
OK, are you tired of me dancing around what it is? Here you go; the Freedom Number is the amount of money you would like to make that will be enough to SET YOU FREE! It is the amount of money you want to make to not only pay your bills, but the amount that will allow you to fulfill your dreams. If buying your parents a beautiful home and buying your kids cars and giving enough to your church or synagogue to build a wing with your name on it, or donate to a museum, of just have enough to retire and live comfortably, it doesn’t matter the Freedom Number will give you want you want.
Why is this number so important, because if you know your Freedom Number and constantly work harder and harder, doing whatever it takes to work towards this figure, you WILL be successful!
Now, we need to define SUCCESSFUL. I am not talking about how people see you. It has nothing to do with your job title, your job function or what company you work for. SUCCESSFUL in this case simply means SATISFIED! Satisfied with who you are, what you are and what you have accomplished.
You may never reach your Freedom Number. Most people don’t. The fact that you are constantly working towards the number will make you a better rep, a better employee, and the most important of all, a better person.
Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment