Wednesday, November 24, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

This will be the last post of the week. Like many of you my family and I will be spending time together, giving thanks for what we have.
This time of year should always make us reflect on the good things that life has given us. Even in these tough times, when many of us are seeking jobs, and some of us are struggling to make ends meet with the job we have, we should still be thankful for some of the little things we have.
I went to a meeting Monday morning and the speaker had a wonderful idea, he said that everyone should take out a piece of paper and write down everything they have that is good and that they are thankful for. Please allow me to share some of my entries with you.
I am first and foremost thankful for my wonderful wife of 35 years, Jackie. She is today as she has been since the day I met her, my best friend and biggest fan. I am thankful for my daughters, Alyson and Erin; they keep me young while aging me quickly. Their constant reminders of how little I know, yet how wise I am grounds me. The way they view the world and treat each other and everyone else makes me proud and lets me know that Jackie and I did something right along the way.
I am thankful for my family, my brother Barry who I don’t get to see as often as I like, but is always a phone call away. I am so thankful for my Mother-in Law who is the strength behind the strength. She keeps the family together no matter what the issues are and is always there with encouragement and love. My sisters-in-law and brothers-in law, they are not my sisters and brothers but you would never know it because of the caring, support and love we have for each other. All my nieces and nephews that I can now say I watched grow up to be great young adults.
I am thankful for my many friends all throughout the world but especially Tom, Mary, John and Debbie who are as much family as any other members of my family. Tom (Dr. Dr. Tom as my family calls him) is my oldest and dearest friend, we went to elementary school together and have been friends ever since. His wife Mary and daughters Kim and Kristen are all a part of my life and I hope always will be. John, Debbie and their son Michael (my IT expert) have been there for me since we first met 33 years ago. We have traveled together, vacationed together, and most importantly have shared most of the things that we both are thankful for together.
I am thankful for my house which because of all the above is truly a home.
My list goes on but I won’t bore you anymore with it. I will tell you that sitting down and writing it out makes you feel like the king (or Queen) of the world.
My family and I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and hope that your list goes on for page after page after page.
Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment