Tuesday, November 2, 2010

IF YOU’RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, YOU’RE PART OF THE PROBLEM

Today is Election Day! I am not going to dive into some long speech about how voting is your DUTY or wars have been fought to give you the right to vote. However, I am going to talk about change and fixing problems.
I get calls every day from sales reps who are telling me how awful the economy is, or how slow business is. I get e mails everyday from people who have been laid off or have had the company they work for go out of business. I talk to my neighbors and friends who have been unemployed for weeks, months and some a year or more. I hear it over and over again how “THINGS” need to be fixed.
Today is your chance to try and fix them, if in fact you think they are broken.
Yesterday in the blog I wrote about, “YOU CAN’T MAKE MONEY AND EXCUSES AT THE SAME TIME”. Today I will tell you, “YOU CAN’T COMPLAIN AND DO NOTHING AT THE SAME TIME”.
Every Election Day I hear people say things like, I didn’t vote because it doesn’t matter anyway, or it’s no big deal my one vote isn’t going to make a difference. I HATE HEARING THESE THINGS.
The same people who say these things are the people who so many times are watching their own business going downhill and saying to themselves, there is nothing I can do it is the economy, or until things turn around I am going to need to live with it.
Today is a perfect time to stop being part of the problem, and start being part of the solution.
If your business is going where you want it to go, if it is growing and it is profitable and you are happy with things as they are YOU STILL NEED TO VOTE TO MAKE SURE THEY STAY THAT WAY FOR YOU. If you think that things need to be changed, that your business is going downhill because of the way Washington, and your state and local leaders are doing things, YOU NEED TO VOTE TO START THE SOLUTION IN MOTION.
Tonight we will hear what percentage of voters cast their ballots. I am always shocked to see that it is always such a small number. Tomorrow I will start to hear the excuses I talked about earlier. I then start to think about how if each of these people actually voted, and each of the people they know who gave excuses actually voted and so on and so on, there would be millions of new ballots and THAT COULD MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.
All the people that I have ever supervised have heard me talk to them about making contributions to their 401K plan. I tell them that if they don’t at least put in the percent that the company matches, they can never come to me for a raise. If they are willing to leave money on the table they can’t then put their hand out to me for money.
I will end with the same thinking. If you don’t go out to vote today you can never complain to me again about the economy being bad or there is nothing you can do until it turns around. It isn’t going to turn by itself; you need to become part of the solution.
You have finished reading today’s post. Thank you for stopping by the Training Buffet.
NOW STOP READING AND GO VOTE!
Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment