Wednesday, March 2, 2011

IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE

Many of you may not know it, but today is one of the most important days of the year. Today is a special birthday for one of the greatest sales trainers the world has ever known (No not me) Today is Dr Seuss’s birthday

In the good doctor’s honor, I have written a “Seuss like” poem for your enjoyment.


SHLEP, THE NEW REP!
By Lorin

A new sales rep came to town
Some of the old reps started to frown
The new rep sold with lightening speed
The older reps complained of the new reps greed

You sell so much it must be luck
You sold a fence, a pool and a truck
LUCK you think is my secrete tool
You must believe I am a fool

Only a fool depends on luck
I don’t use luck to make a buck
I use skill and I love the thrill
The skill and thrill my pockets fill

I may be new but that doesn’t mean bad
It doesn’t mean poor it doesn’t mean sad
All it means is I am new
I am not as experienced as you

The tools I use you invented
The bucks I make you incented
Don’t look at us as a zero
We look at you as a hero

All l I did was follow your lead
Don’t mistake success with greed
When I used what you had done
Is when I started having fun

Your history and hard work is our past
We want to maintain it and make it last
We want your names to live on forever
So we won’t forget you, no not ever

When we go out today to sell
We know that you cleared our path through hell
We listen to the stories you tell
And only hope we can do as well

Put a smile on your face
That nasty ol frown it should replace
Your value and worth you need not defend
It is your leadership and example on which we depend

Happy birthday Dr Seuss, your memory will always be with us.

Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment